IT Assistant – Stewarts Garden Centres
Stewarts is a family business now in its 8th Generation with not just plants at its heart. Technology has always been important and enables us to give the best customer service. Stewarts are looking to recruit someone to assist our IT Manager in ensuring we continue to make the most of all the opportunities offered by technology.
First and Second Line Support
- Record, prioritise and manage all requests and incidents reported
- Escalate to other team members as appropriate
- Provide continual IT support cover to the business during the week
- Provide emergency out of hours telephone support at the weekends as part of a rota
- Maintaining documentation with incremental updates and process changes
- Create End User guides as required
- Facilitate the development of colleagues and pass on relevant knowledge to enhance their effectiveness.
- Carry out one to one training on processes and procedures
- Keep pace with technology advances. Contribute to the effective planning and development of the IT infrastructure to maximise the business benefit of new and changing technology.
- Help to maintain areas of the customer facing website
- Carry out daily, weekly and monthly monitoring and maintenance tasks as required.
Applicants should possess good communication and team working skills as well as ideally a retail background. While full training will be given, experience working with any or all of the following would be advantageous:
Active Directory Administration
MS Office 2010/2013
File and Folder Access Management
Microsoft SQL Server 2008/2012
VEEAM Backup and Replication
The position involves working an average of 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday with emergency out of hours telephone support at the weekends. A driving licence and own transport will be required for this role in order to travel between sites when necessary. Salary will be dependent on experience.
In return we offer competitive salary, dependent on experience, staff discount after probationary period, contributory pension scheme, free parking and a pleasant working environment.
If you wish to apply for this vacancy then please send your CV or completed application form together with a covering letter to:
Stewarts Head Office
8 Christchurch Business Park
Closing Date:3rd July 2017