How to Use
- Use straight from the bag, it’s as easy as that.
- When filling or potting, firm lightly.
- Keep the compost moist and do not let it dry out.
- Do not leave plants standing in water.
For Making Compost
Due to its high organic matter content, this top quality soil is ideal for mixing with base dressings to make a loam-based compost.
To enrich it add Miracle-Gro® Slow Release Plant Food granules at the rate of 25g per 10 litres of soil.
- For alpines and other plants that need increased drainage, add 1 part coarse grit or washed sharp sand to 3 parts of Levington Organic Blend Top Soil.
For Levelling Lawns
Use Levington Organic Blend Top Soil to produce a clean, level surface before sowing grass seed or laying turf or for filling in hollows in established lawns.
For Beds and Borders
- Water the plant thoroughly.
- Dig a hole twice the size of the root ball.
- Part fill the hole with a mixture of 50% soil and 50% compost.
- Ensure the plant is at the same level as in the ground.
- Fill in firmly, then water.
In windy positions, a loam-based compost will provide the weight needed to help keep patio pots and containers upright.
For Replacing Sick Soil
Soil in greenhouses that has developed a build-up of pests and diseases or soil that has grown roses or strawberries for a number of years may need replacing if new plants are to establish. Use Levington Organic Blend Top Soil to introduce a fresh, fertile soil in which plants can thrive.
Where to Use
Ideal for new beds and borders, replacing old soil, levelling lawns and making compost.
- Fills 4 medium pots 22cm (9").
- Fills 2 large pots 25cm (10").
- Fills 1 large container 42cm (17").
- Use in a well ventilated place and avoid breathing in dust.
- Always wear gloves when gardening. Wash hands after use.
- Store in a cool place, away from sun.
- Open bag carefully and reseal after use.
- Always read the label and product information before use.
Stewarts offer free delivery on all orders over £100 within our local area. For orders under £100 we charge £15. Below is a map showing our local area, if you are outside this then unfortunately we are unable to deliver to you but you are very welcome to use our click and collect service.
Once your order has been placed we will be in contact within three days to arrange a time and date that will be convenient for you to receive the delivery.
Click and Collect
All Stewarts stores offer the option to reserve items, pay for them online, and collect them in store. You can see from a glance which stores have the item you are viewing by looking at this section:
Once your click and collect order is complete we will send you an email to confirm that the items are ready for collection. We do ask that items are collected within 7 days or a refund will be issued and the products returned to sale.
Gift Card Delivery
Stewarts gift cards can be delivered anywhere in the UK free of charge. Orders are posted at the end of the working day by Royal Mail First Class. Royal Mail have a next-day delivery aim for First Class letters and parcels, but delivery times are not guaranteed especially in busy periods.