Gro-Sure Farmyard Manure is a rich organic compost ideal for use all around the garden. Gro-Sure Farmyard Manure is perfect for mulching, planting and soil conditioning. Perfect for flowers, fruit & vegetables, as well as roses, trees and shrubs. It breaks down naturally in the soil, releasing nutrients as well as providing a rich, natural source of organic matter and humus. Essential for the development of healthy plants, fruits and vegetables.
Gro-Sure Farmyard Manure is rich source of organic matter which is term used when referring to a wide range of materials for feeding plants and improving soil conditions. Organic matter can also improve soil structure and fertility and often prevent plant nutrient deficiencies. Organic matter in soils help bind other soil particles that can be penetrated by roots and hold moisture, they also help bind or buffer nutrients so they are not washed away by rain. Typically organic matter will decay slowly and release nutrients to help feed plants.
How to Use
First put on a pair of gloves and spread the manure in a layer 5-8cm deep across the soil surface.
Veg Plots and Allotments
- Use Gro-Sure Farmyard Manure when preparing vegetable beds in the spring and autumn.
- Add a generous amount to the bottom of the trench when digging. This will help improve soil structure and boost nutrient levels.
Top tip – Once the vegetables have emerged or established feed with a granular feed such as Westland Organic Chicken Manure Pellets.
Planting roses, trees and shrubs
- Dig the planting hole larger than the root ball
- Mix in one part Gro-Sure Farmyard Manure to two parts soil
- Use this mixture to line the planting hole and to fill in around the roots
Top tip – Use a granular plant food such as Westland Rose Food to ensure plants are maintained and fed throughout the growing season.
- Spread an even layer of 5-8cm deep over the soil and fork to a depth of 15-20cm
- On light sandy soils this application will help retain moisture and improve the organic matter content of the soil
- Use as a mulch on herbaceous and shrub borders, by spreading a layer 5-8cm deep between plants. This will help feed, retain moisture and protect plant roots from the effects of frost and heat and will also surpress weed growth.
- When preparing the ground for laying new lawns, or for laying turf, spread a layer of Gro-Sure Farmyard Manure 5-8cm deep across the whole area.
- Dig in the top 15cm into the soil to improve drainage in heavy soils and to retain moisture and provide nutrients for the establishing lawn.
Stewarts offer free delivery on all orders over £100 within our local area. For orders under £100 we charge £15. Below is a map showing our local area, if you are outside this then unfortunately we are unable to deliver to you but you are very welcome to use our click and collect service.
Once your order has been placed we will be in contact within three days to arrange a time and date that will be convenient for you to receive the delivery.
Click and Collect
All Stewarts stores offer the option to reserve items, pay for them online, and collect them in store. You can see from a glance which stores have the item you are viewing by looking at this section:
Once your click and collect order is complete we will send you an email to confirm that the items are ready for collection. We do ask that items are collected within 7 days or a refund will be issued and the products returned to sale.
Gift Card Delivery
Stewarts gift cards can be delivered anywhere in the UK free of charge. Orders are posted at the end of the working day by Royal Mail First Class. Royal Mail have a next-day delivery aim for First Class letters and parcels, but delivery times are not guaranteed especially in busy periods.