- Sow thinly March-July, where they are to crop, 1.5cm (½") deep, directly into finely-prepared, well-drained soil, which has already been watered.
- Allow 30cm (1') between rows.
- Seedlings usually appear in 7-21 days.
- Thin out to 15cm (6") apart.
- Water well until plants are established.
Indoors for earlier crops:
- Sow February-April, 0.5cm (¼") deep, in a tray of compost.
- Water well and place in a cold frame or unheated greenhouse.
- Keep moist.
- Transplant 5cm (2") apart to other trays, when large enough to handle.
- Gradually accustom young plants to outside conditions (avoid frosts) before planting out, May-June, 15cm (6") apart into well-drained soil.
- BrandMr Fothergills
- HarvestJun - Oct
- SowFeb - Jul
- Pack Size50
Stewarts offer free delivery on all orders over £100 within our local area. For orders under £100 we charge £15. Below is a map showing our local area, if you are outside this then unfortunately we are unable to deliver to you but you are very welcome to use our click and collect service.
Once your order has been placed we will be in contact within three days to arrange a time and date that will be convenient for you to receive the delivery.
Click and Collect
All Stewarts stores offer the option to reserve items, pay for them online, and collect them in store. You can see from a glance which stores have the item you are viewing by looking at this section:
Once your click and collect order is complete we will send you an email to confirm that the items are ready for collection. We do ask that items are collected within 7 days or a refund will be issued and the products returned to sale.
Gift Card Delivery
Stewarts gift cards can be delivered anywhere in the UK free of charge. Orders are posted at the end of the working day by Royal Mail First Class. Royal Mail have a next-day delivery aim for First Class letters and parcels, but delivery times are not guaranteed especially in busy periods.